How far would you go to support a cause you believe in? Come Nov. 17, the Texas A&M College of Dentistry community will find out — at least in the case of the dozen faculty, staff, administrators, students and alumni willing to get up on stage in front of their peers for a benefit concert.
Dubbed Dentapalooza 2017, proceeds from the event, featuring a concert and optional dinner, will benefit the dental school’s partnership with Agape Clinic, a medical and dental clinic just blocks from campus that cares for the medically underserved. Patients can opt to contribute $20 for medical care and $35 for dental services, but many cannot afford to pay at all.
While raising money for a good cause is one draw for Dentapalooza, the lineup is equally enticing: Dr. Lawrence Wolinsky, College of Dentistry dean, is the evening’s special guest star.
The headlining act, Mickey & the Molars, features approximately a dozen performers affiliated with the dental school, including:
- LaDawn Brock, advancement, communications and alumni relations
- Ethan Brockett, fourth-year dental student
- Dr. Stephen Crane, public health sciences
- Dr. Steve Griffin, clinical affairs
- Dr. Lavern Holyfield, academic affairs
- Dr. Dan Jones, public health sciences
- Dr. Jayne Reuben, biomedical sciences
- Rita Rorie, public health sciences
- Art Upton, advancement, communications and alumni relations
Venue: Hall of State at Fair Park, 3939 Grand Avenue, Dallas
Tickets: Concert only, $40 – Includes music and dancing, open bar, silent auction, tricycle race finals and a late-night snack. Concert tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door starting at 8:15 p.m. Parking is free.
For more information or to purchase tickets: Call the dental school’s Office of Social Services, 214.828.8353.