TAMBCD now taking submissions for 42nd Annual Research Scholars Day
Interested in presenting your research, clinical case, table clinic or critically appraised topic? Abstracts may now be submitted for the 42nd Annual Research Scholars Day at Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry, which will be April 1.
The following groups are invited to submit a 300-word abstract by Friday, March 6:
- dental hygiene students;
- dental students;
- basic science graduate students;
- clinical graduate students; and
- postdoctoral fellows.
Twelve students will be selected to each give a 10-minute oral presentation. All other submissions will be invited to make a poster presentation. Scholars who are selected for an oral presentation will be notified by March 20.
Research Scholars Day schedule of events
Research Scholars Day will begin at noon with an exhibitor fair in the basement level of the dental school.
Other activities include:
- Dental hygiene table clinics — 12:30 to 2 p.m., Lab 30
- Poster session featuring dental students, basic science graduate students, clinical graduate students and postdoctoral fellows — 12:30 to 2 p.m., Sixth Floor Foyer
- Oral presentations — 2 to 4 p.m., Room 605.
The day’s events will conclude with an awards ceremony.
Here’s a look at the honors up for grabs:
- Dental Hygiene Table Clinics — 1st-3rd place
- Dental Student Poster Presentations — 1st-3rd place
- All other poster presentations — 1st-3rd place
- Dental Student Oral Presentation — 1st place
- All other oral presentations — 1st place
For more information about Research Scholars Day activities or abstract submissions, please contact Dr. Darren Roesch via email or at 214-828-8324.