Faculty honored at tenure and promotion celebration
Texas A&M School of Dentistry faculty members who had earned a promotion and/or achieved tenure were celebrated at a breakfast Nov. 9. This is the first celebration hosted at the school, planned by Professor Lisa Mallonee, associate dean for faculty affairs and professor of dental hygiene.
“This is a momentous occasion in your academic career,” she said. “To be promoted to the rank of associate professor, or professor, on both the academic professional track and the tenure track. It’s also meritorious to be awarded tenure, or to maintain tenure.”
The faculty recognized are:
- Yongbo Lu, professor with continued tenure, biomedical sciences
- Jane Cotter, associate professor with tenure, dental hygiene
- Peggy Timothé, associate professor with tenure, public health sciences
- Amal Noureldin, clinical professor, public health sciences
- Kerin Burdette, clinical associate professor, pediatric dentistry
- Shirley Lewis, clinical associate professor, comprehensive dentistry
- Carlos Parra, clinical associate professor, periodontics
- Andrea Rothman, clinical associate professor, comprehensive dentistry
- Shaun Logan, instructional associate professor, biomedical sciences
- Emet Schneiderman, professor and post-tenure review, biomedical sciences
As a surprise announcement, Dean Lily T. García was also honored for earning tenure upon her hire as the 17th dean of the school.
“We wanted to host something special this year in recognition of these marked achievements,” Mallonee said. “It’s difficult for our faculty to travel to College Station to be celebrated, and it’s a big milestone. We wanted to take this moment to acknowledge and celebrate everyone.”