How to support the pocket pantry
With the new year and new semester underway, Texas A&M School of Dentistry’s pocket pantry is in need of donations to best serve the student body. The pantry, which opened late last year, was created to offer groceries and personal hygiene items to students in need. Those who want to support this cause can donate to the pantry in several ways.
Donations of food and personal hygiene items can be left in the bucket at the pantry, which is in Room 145 of the Administration and Education Building. The pantry is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays. Needed items include granola bars, protein shakes, pasta, pasta sauce and toothpaste.
The pantry also accepts monetary donations. The process to donate is as follows:
- Visit txamfoundation.com.
- Hover your cursor on “Ways to Give” and then choose “Cash Gifts” from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down until you see the three expandable giving options. Click on the + sign at “Cash Gifts.”
- For donations that will be made via credit card, click on the maroon “our online giving system” hyperlink in the text above the two blue boxes. This will bring up a form that you can use to make a donation via credit or debit card. For wire transfer or EFT, please skip to step 7.
- Complete the form to designate the Harrington Student Wellness Endowment-Income account.
- In the comments section, please add wording to the effect of “for immediate use to support student health and wellness activities.”
- If your donation will be by wire transfer or EFT, please click on the appropriate link under the expandable “Cash Gifts” category. “Give a Wire gift” will open an online form; “Give an EFT gift” will open a fillable PDF that you can complete and mail to TAMF. In either case, please use the information in Steps 5 and 6 to designate where the gift should go and how it should be used.
- It is not required, but it is requested that you email Missy Stebbins to let her know when you make a donation, email@example.com.